Monday 12 October 2020

A month has whizzed by.......

...... and what a month it has been; busy, busy.

Have you noticed that people say a young person "fell over" whilst an older person "had a fall"? Well I had neither but I did trip myself up going upstairs. The hand I used to save myself was very swollen and bruised to the extent that 2 days later I gave in and visited the local hospital's minor injuries department. No bones broken, thank goodness. But pain stopped play and knitting and sewing have stayed in their respective baskets. I need colour and crafts. I can't wait to get back to these projects.







Grandson Albie turned 3. We couldn't see him on his birthday but dropped his present off a few days early as we were spending a weekend up there looking at houses. He loved the policeman's outfit and walkie talkie we bought him. Grandad lifted him up to see himself in the mirror in his police uniform  -  the look of utter joy on Albie's face was priceless.

 It was good to see another son, his wife and baby girl. 

House hunting did not go well. I walk with a stick. One house had several awkward steps. I am often housebound, the house was dark. I knew I would feel depressed spending time in such a dark house. The next house was also very dark. It had not been clear from the map that at the bottom of the garden was a dual carriageway. I have looked again but no it was not on the estate agent's map, unsurprisingly I suppose. The traffic noise was off putting and I could smell the petrol fumes and would be concerned about my grandchildren playing in the garden. My asthma was also complaining - sigh. 

Houses we had admired online are now sold. Our buyer needs to move quickly. So we have decided to move and rent. We may buy a brand new home due for completion next Autumn. Life mid house move, mid Covid could be very stressful but thus far we remain calm and hopeful.

Last week we had a break and spent a few days away with our son and his wife and children. 




Albie enjoyed the local steam train. His first train journey.


He is very smiley and enormous fun. He is also at that, age when he says funny things. One lunch time I made him a picnic. As I gave him the food, he  beamed, "Thank you, Nanny Darling!"

Another mealtime as I cut up his food, he said, "You're very helpful Nanny!"


Like many toddlers he constantly asks why, which can be a wee bit tiresome on the hundredth occasion of asking. So I once replied, "And why not, indeedy deedy?" Well that caused much hilarity and he went around saying, "Why and why not indeedy deedy?" chuckling to himself.



Albie and I searched for 
shells and threw pebbles in the sea. We paddled in the water. We flew a kite.





And there were lots of cuddles with Nyla. Such a happy baby.





It was so lovely to spend time outside.



And now we are back home, decluttering like mad and trying to find somewhere to rent. No pressure!

9 comments:

  1. I know how quickly houses are being sold down here. My daughter missed two which sold within 24 hours. She has at alst found somewhere but is now going through all the searches etc, but hoping to be in by Christmas.
    I'm sorry you 'had a fall'. Take care of yourself. I hope you find a nice rental and then you can take your time to look around a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara, good luck to your daughter.I hope we are in by Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck both in finding somewhere suitable to rent for a while and also in finding your dream home. Finally things got sorted with the sale we were involved in,so I do sympathise. What lovely grandchildren you have,they must give you so much joy. Also hoping your hand is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn! Oh, those grands! Darling and so lovable!
    I hope you find your dream house soon. You're such a house girl. Me, too1
    Praying for lots of good days. lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embroidery project looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been working on it every now and again for over a year. I wonder if I shall ever finish it!

      Delete