Sunday 23 August 2020

Another week whizzes by.....

 I would have thought that, with the restricted life we are living right now, time would drag but here we are, another week has whizzed by.

On Thursday we went to visit/help our daughter in law. With an energetic 2 year old and a newborn, she is busy!  The motorway traffic was a bit better this time, though I still find the travelling exhausting. 

That day our son started work at 3pm so we were able to spend an hour or so with him before he left. Then we visited a nearby farm. We offered to take Albie (aged 2) to give our daughter in law a rest whilst baby Nyla slept but she was happy to come with us, which was great. We met our other daughter in law and grand daughter, Georgina,  there. 

It was a lovely afternoon out. Three grandchildren aged 7 weeks, 9 months and 2 years enjoying an afternoon out in their own way; dozing, babbling and feeding the animals respectively. Social distancing etc was well organised and Albie fed the animals via a non contact shute contraption. I do feel very anxious when I am out and about but I doubt I am the only one and we must just soldier on. We enjoyed ice cream and I counted my blessings once again!

We had taken our evening meal with us to quickly re heat; sausage, beans and mash with a leek and sage gravy. "Ooh sausages," Albie sighed with pleasure as he climbed onto his chair at the table. But his rapture soon turned to dismay as he saw the finely chopped sage. "Oh no, I don't like pips in my sausage," he explained. "Don't worry, they're not pips," his mom reassured him so he tucked in. "Mmmm Nanny I do like pips in sausage!" He beamed, as he ate everything on his plate! Pudding was strawberries and jelly. I was politely informed that nanny can bring jelly again next time, lots of jelly! His mommy said they can put it on their shopping list, Albie is in charge of "writing" the shopping list and ticking off the items in the supermarket!

We helped with bath time and bed time; a glorious concoction of bubbles, splashes (I got a bit wet!) milk and story. Albie loves books and can recite his favourites as you read them. But his present favourite is a baby weaning cookbook his mom had got out to share a recipe with Georgina's mom a few weeks ago. He loves it, looking at the pictures of the recipe ingredients and the babies eating them. So Grandad and Albie read a cookery book at bedtime!

Three days later I am still sleeping away the after effects of a day spent with a 2 year old!


The garden has been battered by recent storms. Steve dug up the now horizontal sunflowers and popped the flowers in a vase. 


I love sunflowers, every August I proclaim them to be my absolute favourite flower. But in reality I have an absolute favourite flower every month; snowdrops, daffodils, tulips, forget me nots, daisies, roses, sweet peas, sunflowers the list is endless. 

And so a new week starts. I am having my B12 injection tomorrow so hopefully  this exhaustion will lift. 

Happy new week everyone. x

6 comments:

  1. Albie sounds a fun little person! So lovely to have a family day together. Arent your sunflowers beautiful, they always remind me of France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sunflowers do feel very French don't they? I'd love to see a field of them like in France. Apparently we have English sunflower fields, another for the "after covid" list. Albie is a funny little boy, saying lots of cute stuff and very generous with hugs too! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Lynn for your kind comments on my blog I love to hear from you. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with grandchildren and the funny things they say and do,such precious memories to record. Sunflowers look fantastic, so bright and cheery. Wishing you well with the B12 and hoping you get on top of the tiredness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley. I am enjoying being a nanny!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Lynn, I love your style of writing. Your grandchildren sounds adorable! We get so much pleasure from them, especially in the funny things they say and do. I have only just found your blog (thank you for the lovely comment on mine) and will be returning 😊
    Stay well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely comment Angie, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete