Friday 10 July 2020

Sunny days

I woke  late, 8am, and it was a sunny day!

I can't remember the last time we had a sunny day. So I asked Steve... he couldn't
remember either. "Maybe a week ago?" he suggested.

So today we woke to sunshine and my heart sang. If you live in England you are used to rain.  I can, and do, sing in the rain but sunshine is fabulous. 😊😊😊

Today was the day we visited one of our sons and his family.

We were on the motorway just after 9 am. Lockdown is easing here so traffic is increasing but we still had a good run and ran into just one traffic jam.

Two hours later our 2 year old grandson was thrilled to see us...... melts my heart. We met his newborn sister last week and in just a week she is so changed; feeding well, looking at you and just so aware of everything around her. She snuggled down in my arms and had a good long nap. I was thrilled, utterly thrilled. We are self isolating so we can see family, as part of their "bubble" - one of our Government's weird and wonderful terms. Our family is similarly self isolating to keep us safe.

We took lunch and tea with us. "Thank you, nanny," said a little boy at each meal time. My heart melts again!!!

I sat there holding a sleeping newborn, watching Grandad with an excited 2 year old building a train set, with my son and my lovely daughter in law tired but happy and thanked the Lord. You know, one of those moments when you just sit and soak it all in and think, "I will always remember this moment, forever."

And now we are home. Tired but happy. Grateful for all our blessings. God is good. Life is good. Happy weekend all 😊xx


4 comments:

  1. I can imagine what a thrill this must have been.
    Isn't bubble a silly word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our government coined the expression "bubble", too, Lynn. I wonder if governments copy each other with these terms? "Shielding", "Social distancing", etc? But lovely to see your grandchildren!
    Best wishes from Devon, UK
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret. I am in Staffordshire UK. I do find this new vocabulary awkward. I am also confused about just what we are allowed to do now as lockdown measures ease. I will be staying home a while longer.

      Delete